The Institute of Local Government Studies (ILGS) is mandated to build the capacities of staff and members of Ghana’s local government authorities.
- Assist the Director of ILGS in the performance of’ the Director’s functions.
- Responsible for the day-to-day management of the Campus to which he/she has been assigned responsibilities.
i. Academic Qualifications:
- Hold a Doctorate Degree in Public Administration, Local Government Administration or in any other relevant discipline; from a reputable University;
- Possess a Researched Masters Degree in Public Administration, Local Government Administration or any other related discipline; as well as other relevant post-graduate academic qualifications
- Be a member of a professional recognised body.
Doctorate Degree: A minimum of 10 years relevant working experience, five years of which must have been in a top management position in a similar institution
Researched Masters Degree with Other Relevant Post Graduate Academic Qualifications:
A minimum of 10 years relevant working experience of which five (5) years must have been in a management position.
a. Technical Competencies
- Good knowledge of local governance, public administration and development management.
- Strategy formulation and management skills
- Quantitative and qualitative research skills.
- Proposal writing skills
b. Managerial Competencies
- Ability to plan, organise and co-ordinate
- Ability to negotiate, network and advocate effectively with stakeholders
- Ability to raise funds,
- Ability to monitor, control and supervise the use of
- Ability to motivate subordinates,
- Ability to work under pressure.
c. Desired Personality Traits
- Integrity and honesty.
- Self-management, self-motivation and self-development capacities
- Results oriented
- Good human relations and communication skills.
As approved for senior members of the Institute by the Council
Interested persons should submit the complete application pack to the Registrar, institute of Local Government Studies, P. O. Box LG 549, Legon-Accra (hard copy); or firstname.lastname@example.org (soft copy). The application pack should contain the following:
- Completed application form for Senior Members to be downloaded from the Institute’s website at www.ilqs-edu.org:
- A covering letter setting out how your qualification and experience match the requirement of the position;
- Curriculum Vitae with full contact information of two (2) referees;
- Two page vision statement;
- Photocopies of relevant certificates and;
- At least two samples of publications
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Recent Posted Jobs:
- CSIR Job Vacancy in Ghana : Director Of Administration
- GIMPA Job Vacancy in Ghana : Information Technology Officer
- GIMPA Job Vacancy in Ghana : Programme Advisors
- GIMPA Job Vacancy in Ghana : Internal Auditor
- GIMPA Job Vacancy in Ghana : Assistant Finance Officer
- GIMPA Job Vacancy in Ghana : Senior Assistant Finance Officer
- Unilever Job Vacancy in Ghana : Customer Development Executives
- fhi360 Job Vacancy in Ghana : Senior Technical Advisor/Communication Specialist
- KenKhanya Job Vacancy in Ghana : Admin/Project Assistant
- fhi360 Job Vacancy in Ghana : Financial Management Specialist
- JSI Research & Training Institute Job Vacancy in Ghana : Finance & Administration Director
- JSI Research & Training Institute Job Vacancy in Ghana : Deputy Country Manager
- A leading Insurance Corporate Agent Job Vacancy : Sales Agents
- Twifo Oil Palm Plantations Limited Job Vacancy in Ghana : Mechanical Supervisor
- Twifo Oil Palm Plantations Limited Job Vacancy in Ghana : Process Supervisor