The Institute of Local Government Studies (ILGS) is mandated to build the capacities of staff and members of Ghana’s local government authorities.
- Assist the Director of ILGS in the performance of’ the Director’s functions.
- Responsible for the day-to-day management of the Campus to which he/she has been assigned responsibilities.
i. Academic Qualifications:
- Hold a Doctorate Degree in Public Administration, Local Government Administration or in any other relevant discipline; from a reputable University;
- Possess a Researched Masters Degree in Public Administration, Local Government Administration or any other related discipline; as well as other relevant post-graduate academic qualifications
- Be a member of a professional recognised body.
Doctorate Degree: A minimum of 10 years relevant working experience, five years of which must have been in a top management position in a similar institution
Researched Masters Degree with Other Relevant Post Graduate Academic Qualifications:
A minimum of 10 years relevant working experience of which five (5) years must have been in a management position.
a. Technical Competencies
- Good knowledge of local governance, public administration and development management.
- Strategy formulation and management skills
- Quantitative and qualitative research skills.
- Proposal writing skills
b. Managerial Competencies
- Ability to plan, organise and co-ordinate
- Ability to negotiate, network and advocate effectively with stakeholders
- Ability to raise funds,
- Ability to monitor, control and supervise the use of
- Ability to motivate subordinates,
- Ability to work under pressure.
c. Desired Personality Traits
- Integrity and honesty.
- Self-management, self-motivation and self-development capacities
- Results oriented
- Good human relations and communication skills.
As approved for senior members of the Institute by the Council
Interested persons should submit the complete application pack to the Registrar, institute of Local Government Studies, P. O. Box LG 549, Legon-Accra (hard copy); or email@example.com (soft copy). The application pack should contain the following:
- Completed application form for Senior Members to be downloaded from the Institute’s website at www.ilqs-edu.org:
- A covering letter setting out how your qualification and experience match the requirement of the position;
- Curriculum Vitae with full contact information of two (2) referees;
- Two page vision statement;
- Photocopies of relevant certificates and;
- At least two samples of publications
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Recent Posted Jobs:
- Sagaci Research Job Vacancy in Ghana : Field force agent – African Countries
- Reputable Company Job Vacancy : Business Development Executive
- NES Global Talent Job Vacancy in Ghana : Electrical Maintenance Engineer
- NES Global Talent Job Vacancy in Ghana : Senior Technical Integrity Engineer
- NES Global Talent Job Vacancy in Ghana : Production Chemist
- NES Global Talent Job Vacancy in Ghana : QA-QC Manager
- NES Global Talent Job Vacancy : Process Safety Engineer
- The ARB Apex Bank Ltd. Job Vacancy in Ghana : Head Of Risk Management Department
- Quick Capital Microfinance Ltd Job Vacancy in Ghana : Field Sales Representatives
- Reputable Company Job Vacancy : Agronomist, Water Engineer, Sales Engineer
- Reputable Company Job Vacancy in Ghana : Sales Supervisor
- Tullow Job Vacancy in Ghana : TEN EHS Coordinator
- Aggreko Job Vacancy in Ghana : Business Development Manager
- Nesstra Ghana Ltd Job Vacancy in Ghana : Sales Engineer
- Reputable Hospitality Job Vacancy in Ghana : Food and Beverage Manager